Wednesday, February 17, 2010

what could a girl do-

I took my Mum to Farmers today, she was looking for a pair of warmer weight tidy trousers incase it turns cold in weekend. We are all off to a family reunion in Westport. So we went to Farmers as I said ..well they had racks of clothes REDUCED to $20 so what could I do. But buy some heheh bought 3 pair there myself and um got a nice dressy pair best she has ever had in her life I'd say down from $100 to yeap $20...a size 20 she tried them could do with a smaller size didnt have any oh well these will do ( she has a tummy problem at mo and it blows up like a poisoned pup so good for those times. I then took her to the Cathlic Chapel in square as it is Ash wedneday how did that happen means it is only 6 wks till flippen Easter. As the chapel is just across road from Columbo St farmers I said I'd hope in and see if they had them in an 18 there...they didnt but sum how another 3 pair of trousers jumped in my bag and $60 came out of my wallet to pay for them what could a girl to do they were only $20 each some down from $100 I did get a 22 in the same as mothers cause they were pretty flash. So got 6 pairs trou and a black top which is real nice, will post photo of top tomorrow the trouser probably wont photo gragh well being black, all for $140.

What could I do afterall.

Also bought a nice dress and top for Brooke(step daughter) for $30 so had a great day.

Also after dropping Mum off I shot out to Lincoln to visit with a girlfriend she use to live in Twizel a dear friend , who I missed dreadfully when she moved up to Chch. She is very keen to become a linen consultant so we chatted about that and she is coming to a meeting next Thursday for the launch of the new releases for Feb and March and a mini home show. Also my Avon lady came around tonight to pickup her linen order and she is also interested in being a Linen consultant...so much easier than Avon a million times over. So Jenny is also coming to the meeting so may have 2 new ladies starting under my name yippee.

I also caught up with another mate who I have been trying to organise a catchup with since I moved back to Chch and we just havn't managed it so great to see her too.

then my parents came over for tea...we had a lovely vege bake and fish fillets which I whipped up licketty split when I arrived home at 6.45 Alan is due home at 7.30 and Mum and Dad where coming at 7. It was yum yum meal.

Mum and Dad leave tomorow for Westport and I am off on Friday. I have an appointment with the surgeon and then my Aunt and cousin are coming for lunch to see our new home etc,(from Westport aunt had bowel cancer surgery 19th Dec and has to come over for her check up-just what she needs as it is her that is doing most of the reunion organising, but knowing Aunty P she will just go with the flow and hardly even faize her). After lunch I'll go and pick up my 2 brothers and we'll be on our merry way to Westport too...arriving in time for first of the arranged events a dinner at my Aunts house yep u guessed it the one that is in Chch for hospital appointment...that is why Mum and dad are going a day earlier to help her other 2 daughters to get ready.

All in all a GREAT day

Sadly Alan and Brooke are no longer coming over to Westport, I was so looking forward to us having our first 'Family' holiday in the bestest place in the whole wide world.... Carters Beach, Westport. Alan had organised time off from work Friday and Sat morning shifts(back in December), his rostered days off are Sunday and Monday and then they renegged on the Sat cause they couldn't get a driver to fill his shift we are all very pissed off.

Right it is now 10.45 I have been posting this for wat seems like hours and it is time for bed. I have a big day tomorrow and still havnt packed wonder what I will find to take with me hehehe.

Night all

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Lovely to hear you so happy girl!
I hope you have a fantastic weekend.
And I hope your hospital appointment goes well too. {{{HUGS}}}

I have only ever worn my jammies all day in HOSPITAL! Though I came close today! lol

Chris H said...

OMG!!! You lucky tart! If I had the cash I would be getting a Lap Band Tomorrow!!!
Like that is going to happen!
I have to hope something comes right for me eventually .... I think my dr is going to put me on the public waiting list! Ha ha, I might be 80 by the time my turn comes.
I am thrilled for you though!!!

Paula said...

All that retail therapy sounds like a lot of fun. I was in Farmers at Eastgate today and almost gave in and bought myself some new clothes - but quickly diverted my attention to babywear (was in there to buy a present for a friend who had just had her first baby). *Whew* ... I really didn't want to buy any more clothes at the moment. I have a new pair of trousers coming from Australia at the moment - can't wait. Very kind friend went and bought them for me this week - I saw them in December and of course, should have bought them then - but chose not too - and was regretting my decision.

Must catch up this week if you have some free time - for that coffee (or hot chocolate in my case).

I hope you've had a great time at the family reunion.