Saturday, June 5, 2010

THIS A COPY OF A POST I PUT ON THE TRADE ME WLS MESSAGE BOARD

WARNING WARNING WARNING
Think it was Rosie asked if there was anything that were surprises and unexpected. Well boy have I got a story for you all.
As I said in my last post last night I hadnt had any pain relief so had my normal liquid panadol as usual. But a couple of hours later I was in some real discomfort and pain so got up walked around thinking wind but nothing shifted. So had one of the other painkillers perscribed by surgeon when needed.
DONT DONT DONT DONT
Sat up for about 20 mins just to make sure I didnt react to them huh. felt a bit woozey so headed to kitchen had a drink of water and back to bed...recall falling against hall wall (bruise on right temple). Next I knew albeit very foggy, was Mum leaning over me Felicity Felciity what has happened...I tried to reasure her I was ok...in the distance I could hear Alan talking to 111. I rolled to my side cause I was flat on my back into the recovery postion and had no intentions of trying to get up...mum put a pillow under my head, covered me with a blanket and a bucket cause I was feeling sick cold and sweating. I knew I had had the pill etc but when first coming too didnt know where I was etc.
Ambulance came I was still very groggy and out there but not as bad but it was decided to Public Hospital for me. what an effort to get me off the floor and onto the stretcher, but the ambulance boys were absolutley fantastic not any oh god this fat tart or anything. Getting me out of the flat was another challenge but it happened (glorious starry night well early morning by then cause it was after 1 I think) in ambulance checked my vitals again although improved a little still not perfect. Did the normal checks along way any pain etc I siad my neck and shoulder was sore and I felt sick again. So stop and put a neck brace on and anti nausea stuff yuk that on an empty tummy is vial. Alan was following in car so I was worried if he seen the ambulance had stopped he would be panicing.
got to hospital VERY nice nurse (Stevie) she and others tended to me and eventually a doctor came just on four but by then by back neck bum knee and anything else had started hurting from lying flat on my back on the hard bed.
The brunt of it is I am ok other than bruised on my right temple and and left forehead. And jolly tired

The verdict: the pill perscribed from surgeon is a tad strong when have had nothing except fluid for a week (in reality preop wasnt hell of a lot of bulk either)
Panic over but feel like s***.

A coninciedence there was an other lady a cubical or so along from me had by pass same day as I did and in for similar reason..she took the pain releif for shoulder pain

So please GALS AND BOYS still to have ya surgery BE VERY AWARE of the Medications whether perscribed or otherwise that u take we r very vounerable

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Phew, so glad it was nothing too dreadful! Some girls will do ANYTHING to get a free ambulance trip eh? LOL
Hope you don't do that again... bruised heads ain't a good look.

Paula said...

Whew, glad you are okay now. What a scare you probably gave yourself, your Mum and Alan.