Thursday, June 3, 2010

week two

post op into week two

doing well, feeling pretty good, still tired sometimes-went for a lie down at 11.30 woke about 1pm. Had visit from my aunt which was nice then after she left Alan and I went for a drive shot over to pick up a parcel from post office(letter box to small for the mail) Countdown for bread and milk type grocery items then over other side of town to pick up a trade me deal for Alan some work boots and home thru peak traffic so a long ride home. Silly me didnt think to take a drink bottle so need to get some fluid back into me.

Most of my sticky tape is off my incisions and they r looking great. Some cant even see where they r already...bruising is starting to go a pretty shade of yellow.
Cant wait to go to the surgeons on Tuesday to see what the scales say would like to think I have a 10k loss but will take what ever. My feet and legs and hands are SO thin not a speck of water retention to be seen most of swelling in tummy has gone and I am sure I can feel a thinner area in my back area.

Sitting at the dinner table tonight while Mum and Alan were eating a scrummy looking meal of Corned Silverside, mustard, cabbage, carrots and onion white sauce I sat drinking my cup of homemade vege and chicken soup it was delish too. Still coping with the fluids ok.

Tomorrow we r heading over to Riccarton tomorrow to make a payment on my layby at TS14+ (funny tommorrow they have a sale starting how coninsudental that I should need to go tomorrow hehehe)then a warrant (much overdue warrant) for my mighty rav registration is due on the 6th.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Great to know everything is going so well.

Rachel said...

Sound very similar to me at this stage.

Amazing how good you feel after such major surgery eh?

Glad to hear your all good.

JustJo said...

Please please please don't buy any more clothes?? Seriously.... I found I was in some clothes for a week or two before they were too big, and my body shape changed differently to what I thought it would. I wasted money on clothes that I thought would be great, but in reality it was just depressing seeing the money disappear so to speak. Sure, you can sell them on TradeMe, but you wont get anywhere near what you paid for them, and in a few months you will have to go replace everything all over again. If there is one thing I could do differently, it would be NOT to spend money on clothes until I was closer to goal :)