Monday, May 31, 2010

Hello all I am back I am well and I am feeling bloody MARVELLOUS

Thursday morning came and I went to the pool as normal hell wat else could I do.
weighed in at pool 147.9
checked into Southern Cross Hopital at 11am did the normal paperwrok etc.
Called up to Theatre at 3 scrubbed me down put my 'stockings'on and rolled me into theatre and from there and I have no more memory until I woke back in my room...vomitting. The nurses trying to get my blood pressure sorted and it was up 195/96 a little high hehehebut they got a LARGE cuff from recovery, I finished dry reaching realised where I was sure didnt come too in recovery if I did I dnt remember. My partner was sitting waiting (the surgeon had rung him about 6pm to say all was cool and completed and I did every thing I was suppose to and he did every thing he was there to do)Alan bought me up a beautiful bunch of fressia..my favourite flowers(well that is until daffodils are out in flower anyways) I was settled into the High Dependency Unit and all the moniters etc where attached. I slept pretty well and comfortable woke about 2.30 hard bed was makign my but sore so I rung the bell they disconnected me from the bits and went for a short walk and then to loo and back to bed via a wee sniff at my flowers. and then slept again till 6.30 so a good night. Woke with no pain (other than my butt) I was on liquid panadol they offered me morphine but really didnt need it.
Mid morning I was taken down for an xray to make sure my tummy was sealed etc had to swollow this horrid coloured liquid to show up on the xray and lay flat on the xray bed ouch my tummy spasimed with excrusiating pain and they had to left me up a bit...everything looked great so back to my room no more HDU becaue of the pain I took the 1mil of morphine. Snoozed off and on all Friday had several txts and phone calls and a visit from Alan in his lunch break and a friend in the afternoon , she had her gastric sleeve done 6 wks ago and several short walks...but really most I remember for day was snoozing. Alan called back again at 7.30 on his way home from work stayed a while think I nodded off couple times so he went home for his tea and I settled for the night.
Woke couple times thru night up for toilet etc but a comfy sleep.
Surgeon came thru about 9.30 and I could go home if i wanted but as Alan didnt finish wrk till 2.30 he was more than happy for me to stay till then. had an optifast thru the course of the morning and held that fine and sips of water.
Discharge and scrips etc handed over jumped on scale 146.4 a loss of 1.5 in couple days how cool, that being said I have NO swelling in my feet and hands from resting so that will equate for the weight loss but good all the same.
Packed and ready to leave when Alan arrrived ...went to after hours pharmacy to get scripts then home to nice warm house. Had a rest then up for optifast tea and pills.
Slept like a log again
Sunday was the Chch weight loss surgery support group I had planned to go with my friend who is 6wks post op but she was feeling a bit jaded so got another friend to take me got there about 1 and stayed till just after 3 feeling a bit tired Ngaire took me home about 4 and I went to bed for a snooze till about 6. Alan had taken all the wet laundry to the laundrette because it had rained CONTINUOUSLY all week...laundrette was flat out but eventually he got the washing dried.
Then Alan went over to pick Mum up from the bus she and Alan had the most scrummy looking scrambled eggs for tea. I think we went to be about 9.
Monday(today)up about 9 optifast for breakfast yum yum (not) had a visitor about 11 she stayed till 1ish then I went with Mum to the supermarket got veges etc and home lay down for a while.Had a delish tea(had made pumpkin soup pre op froze into 1 tbls into mini muffin pans) 1tbs pumpkin soup thinned to approx 1/2 cp with vege water from Mum and Alan tea(silver beet pumpkin and carrots) didnt eat/drink all but what I had was yummy. Have been drinking LOADS of water weak black tea and hot water with lemon juice. Am able to have slightly bigger sips now but being careful not to gulp. A lot of wind both ends but other than that I FEEL FANTASTIC.

thanks to all for good wishes either by txt, blog comments, email or phone this journey is already been amazing and so much more to look ahead to.

3 comments:

Janine said...

I am so pleased everything is sounding great and you are feeling good.
Can't wait to see your progress.
Make sure you take measurements.....it was one thing i didn't do and I regret it.

Sho said...

Yay! go you!

Sounds like you are roaring ahead in leaps and bounds already.

I couldn't think of a better way to start a new phase of life than to have it welcomed in via the scent of a Freesia. Bliss.

Yep I second the measurements and photos for you to look back upon all along the way.

Chris H said...

I am so thrilled to know that all went well chick. so relieved too... was worried for you really.
Onward and downward now... how neat for you.