Friday, May 21, 2010

The last week pre op

Monday

Went to sleep clinc for a check and they were very pleased with my results...first visit I had stopped breathing 48times on an average per hour mondy the machine read it at 4 times per hour anything below 5 is normal...still have to be on the cpap machine until after surgery

Paid the Southern Cross for my surgery...it takes just as long to spend $22,500.00 by online banking as it does to spend 22.50 very sad. And oh my bank looks very sick now.

Tuesday
pool 8 then took a HUGE load of towels etc to laundrette to dry think there was 23 towels..I know i was digging very deep into the back of the linen cupboard to find any for the pool etc. But 4 towels a day doesnt take long for them to pile up again.

then at 2 I went for a 2 hour pamper session and beauticans facial pedicure and manicure a mothers day special and I decided I deserved the treat $99 well spent I say.

Wednesday

Pool at 8 as usual.
I had a linen partty for the lady who sell the adorabella jewellery (I am having another adorabella party on Monday if anyone wants anything www.adorabella.co.nz) some really lovelyy stuff. Good party so that was nice 2 bookings for when I am back on deck in July have 4 parties in first week back think best have any more booking in the next week and just take it slowly. Working again Saturday and that is last till post op.

Thursday

pool at 8am aquajogging steam room and spa great stuff...dnt know if it does mew any good but I enjoy it and stuff anything else. have decided once I get back on my feet post op I will go down and just go in steam room until my wounds heal enough to get into the pool and spa
later
couple mates and I went to Merivale looking for a shop that had been recommended to us but we couldnt find it so went to Dress mart out Hornby nothing there said I had to buy it so headded to Warehouse got a few tshirts etc and some little ramkin dishes for cooking in post op. Then dropped one friend off and other mate and I went over to Eastgate to meet up with another blogger at macD and had coffee and catchup...home at 7.30 BUGGERED

Friday

another long day but this morning was bliss went to pool at 8am and away at nearly 11.30. like a little wrinkly drowned rat but it was great. Managed to go in the whirly pool thing a big achievement for this chick. Came home had drink with my man on his lunch break then out again. Went and did some visiting then doctors to organise my gym/pool membership post op(I so love the sound of that
post op...post op..it is gonna happen after all the hiccups...post op) then super market browsed around the Palms Mall for a while, couldnt find cheap fish oil tabs must get them tomorrow when I am out.
But found the most amazing thing god I have lead a sheltered life...frozen mashed potato, little wee fingers of frozen mashed potato flick a few in a bowl zap ém and a bit of gravy out of a tin (never seen anything of the likes there before either). Will be ideal post op (there it goes again) when I am aloud something more solid I thought I am not gonna mash 1/2 a flippin spud and make up a pan of gravy well u could have knocked me down with a feather. Also got some of that tinned chicken not fussed on the chop chop brand so will give the watties one a try.
Tuna Bake in the oven and smells darn good I was VERY naught when preparing it and had some edam cheese god it tasted GOOOOD.

Hair cut at 10.30 tomorrow meeting my cousin for coffee at 1.45 and linen party at 3 then Brooke is coming over to open her birthday presents she will be 4 on Sunday but Alan cant get her that day. So another busy day and think I will have to miss the pool...oh well even I deserve a day of 'rest' if that is wat ya call it.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Crickey girl, I'm tired just reading this post...hahaha.

Good luck with your surgery, love the idea of the mashed potatoe and gravy.....will make sure I get some.

Jaxx said...

All the best for the surgery, countdown now good on you :-)

Paula said...

You have had a busy week :) Was lovely catching up with you on Thursday night - and meeting Ngaire too.

Gotta love those frozen mashed potatoes - I use them on top of fish pie etc - sure beats peeling spuds.

Have a great week.

Chris H said...

Those potatoe things sound lovely.
Not long now girl! so glad your sleep issues are getting better.