Wednesday, January 12, 2011

how yummy does this sound

SCALLOP AND BACON SALAD - I will be making this one I am sure


Ingredients
Dressing Ingredients:

Juice of 3 limes
1 tsp grated ginger
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp light soy sauce
4 tbsp brown sugar
6 tbsp sesame oil
Generous pinch of salt


Salad Ingredients:

130g Krispcut Mesclun and Herbs
1 punnet pea shoots
2 avocados, diced
4 rashers bacon, thinly sliced
20 scallops
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 red pepper, finely sliced
2 tbsp oil
MethodIn a small bowl mix together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Arrange the mesclun mix, pea shoots and avocado on a serving platter.
Heat a wide, non-stick frying pan and cook the bacon until lightly browned. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
Add the oil and the scallops and cook until lightly browned on both sides. About 2 minutes each side.
Add the bacon back to the pan with the red onion and red pepper and quickly stir together.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the dressing, stir to coat then immediately spoon over the prepared salad greens and serve immediately.
Serves 4


Been for a 5 k walk today great stuff

Job interveiw didnt go at all well yesterday and I am not holding out much hope at all so disapointed inmyself for getting so churned up and so therefore couldnt focus. god help me if I can answer a flippen phone at WINZ what chance is there for me at any job.

guess where I am off to tonight

I leave u guessing on that one get back to you.

Am organising a game of mini golf for Saturday so looking forward to that.

ok vege stack for tea so best move my butt

5 comments:

Janine said...

I don't think it will be a situation that you can't answer the phone at WINZ, just that you got yourself in knots and maybe portray the real Felicity who is an absolute star and what she does!!!!!!!! You rock at customer service hun, and if they can't see how great you would be they don't deserve you.

Anne said...

Shame about the interview, but you never know. I tend to go to pieces at interviews as well.

The salad sounds yum! Going to give it a go - thanks:-)

Anonymous said...

Mrs F I am still laughing after your text...OMG how unlikely. Looking forward to hearing the outcome.

Re the interview IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER.

And that recipe sounds good.

Chris H said...

Fingers crossed them doing the interview realised you were just nervous.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
And just where did you go?

Rachel said...

Bugger about the 2nd interview, don't count yourself out yet though as others would have also gotten themselves churned up.

That salad sounds wonderful and I will definately try it in the near future. I still use one of your salad receipes from years ago which is delicious (with the cottage cheese and thousand island dressing)