Friday, April 9, 2010

ok here's where I'm at

Yesterday I rung another surgeon here in Chch and spoke to them for some considerable time and he cant see y i cant have the surgery...I have an official appointment on the 20th and am hanging out for that day I can tell you. Will take all results of breathing tests and chest xray and also my peakflow reading fr these last few weeks.

In the meanwhile i have started the Optifast pre surgery diet, in hopes this will show him I am keen as mustard and hopefully he will say ok and do it soon cause I am prepared wouldnt it be fantastic if it was still by end of month...would be so funny if it was 10th May cause that is the day I started my original journey way back in 2000...10 yrs later I weigh the same friggen weight how bloody depressing is that.

Yesterday I went and picked up my laybys from K&K and Ts14+ no idea why I bothered putting them on layby as it happens. As I stepped on the escalator at the Mall my knee went out on me and down I went scrapped all back of my left leg and bruised my bum and my pride...shock me up a bit, girls in TS were great made me sit down and got me water checking up if I was ok etc. But thrilled with my coat etc so worth the topple.

Going to Mall on Saturday to listen to ANika Moa sing promoting her new album.

Been to the pool 3 times this week loving it after all that is one of the things I said I would do when I moved up here and QE2 is only 5 mins away.

Had my optifast so off now to cook the veges for tea. Vege Ratatouille

3 comments:

Anne said...

Good luck with it all, I hope it all works out for you.

Can relate to the dicky knee! Mine is driving me nuts and they don't know what's wrong.

Love TS fashions:-)

Paula said...

Hey Felicity. Sorry I haven't posted lately - catching up now! Great that you are seeing Lea Stenning - I too have heard her talk a few times over the years, and she really knows her stuff and you do come away feeling quite inspired.

Sorry to hear that your original surgeon said no to your surgery - fingers crossed that the appointment with the other surgeon gives you the answer you want to hear.

Well done on all the visits to QE2 - maybe I can come along with you one of these days. God, I hate getting in my togs at the moment - but that might be the incentive I need - and its always easier if you are exercising with a mate.

Must catch up again soon - oh, that's right - will see you Friday night - I have it on my calendar :)

Chris H said...

OMG I will keep my fingers crossed that you CAN have the surgery... and really soon too!